So... where is your physical store?
Hi there, It’s Ronnie here from the German Christmas Shop. On this page I want to explain why we are a 100% online and why this is good news for you.
We do not have a physical store
Over the past six years, my wife Kristie and I have put our heart and soul into this little business called The German Christmas Shop. In the beginning, we spent a lot of time at markets and events, displaying and selling our decorations. In the beginning, we also had a bit of a dream of a beautiful little store, decorated with our finest decorations. Then reality set in:
Retail space is expensive...
We have made a conscious choice to remain online only because of one main reason. Retail space is bloody expensive in Australia!
By not paying for a place in a shopping centre (you would not believe how much they charge!), we do not have to pay exorbitant rents each month.
In turn, this means that we can provide our products at a much cheaper rate than would be possible if we had a store.
How do I know what I am getting?
This is a valid question. We go to great lengths to give enough information about our purchases before you buy:
- We take photos of all of our products, from as many angles as possible, so that you can have an accurate idea of what you are buying
- Where possible, we also include videos to show how products operate
- Every product will also contain dimensions so that you will have an idea of size and proportion.
- We want to make sure that you are happy with your items. If you have any questions regarding a product, please email email@example.com and we will get in touch.
Being an online store does not mean we are any less ‘real’
I wanted to share with you a comment that we received last year via email:
‘Very disappointing that the German Christmas Shop is not real, The feel and touch sense (is) so important during this special period of Christmas.’
I responded to this email to let the sender know that, while we may be online only, this did not mean we were any less real than any other small Aussie business.
Funnily enough, the sender’s wife went to our website separately. She:
- Read our product descriptions,
- Viewed our videos.
- Prior to purchasing, she asked a question of us via email and received a prompt answer.
With this knowledge, she purchased a candle pyramid for her husband. Following her purchase, I followed up to make sure they were happy with their new pyramid and received the following response:
‘Thank you, the pyramid is lovely. Much better service than most stores’
Shopping online does not have to be impersonal. If you ever have any questions regarding our products, we would love to hear from you.
Ronnie & Kristie.
I will take that email as a win!